Saturday, March 6, 2010

Jack Returns

It was a beautiful sunny morning, warm enough to wear my spring jacket. The chatter of the squirrels and the new tone in the song of the birds were definite indications that Spring was on its way.

On heading out, I discovered that Jack Frost had once again been back at work etching his beautiful designs on the windows of the car. It almost felt wrong to destroy his handiwork, but the market called, so his artistry had to go.

As I drove across the city, the scene changed. From the bright sun and clear blue skies on Cobourg Street, as I headed onto Mornington a gentle fog hovered above the land. By the time I reached McArthy, a thick fog was blanketing the earth. One could not not see across the field, and the new construction of the adult residence suddenly loomed into view out of the mist as I approached.

By the time I left the market some 30 minutes later, the fog had lifted. The sun brightened the scene with a thousand diamonds that Jack had left behind. He had once again been showering us with the beauty of a Stratford March.


I am anxious for Spring, as no doubt we all are, but oh, I do love the beauty of the winter landscape. Thank you, Jack, for reminding us how blessed we are to live in Canada!

No comments:

Post a Comment